7:30am – 3:30pm (M-F)
Please copy (CC) the corresponding teacher on your email.
Dismissal changes are accepted until 2:00 PM (M, T, TH, F) and 1:00 PM (W)
EARLY CHECK-OUTS (for any reason) must be completed by 2:10 PM (M,T, TH, F) and 1:10 PM (W).
Your respect for our dismissal policy helps maintain safety and security as we complete attendance/dismissal change/check-out reports accurately before students prepare for and move to their dismissal stations, It is often very difficult to locate students or get them ready to leave early during the last minutes prior to dismissal bell. Teachers and students are completing lessons, packing up, or on the move to dismissal stations.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance as we work together for all students’ scholastic success!
DCES TEACHER APPRECIATION!
Did You Know?
- YOUR INPUT IS NEEDED! Please share your thoughts about the upcoming school calendars with start dates, winter and spring break schedules, etc. Go to this link to view and comment.
- 2020 Testing Calendar
- Student Planners are available for $8.00
- Payments can be sent in an envelope to Christine Lafleur, via check (made payable to DCE PTO) or cash (exact amount only)
- English classes are available at First Coast Technical College for Speakers of Other Languages. Please click the link for more information: ESOL classes at FCTC
- Year-at-a-Glance Pacing Guide
The link above, provides information for parents/guardians to understand what teachers are teaching, along with additional resources, tutorials and videos!
- Afternoon Parent Pick-Up
- Biker/Walker Dismissal Procedures
- Bullying Prevention and Education
- Morning Drop-Off Procedures
- DCES Symbaloo
- Dismissal Changes
- Hazardous Weather Procedures
- School Nurse/Clinic
- Language Exploration Enrichment (LEE)
- St. Johns County School District ELL Plan 2016-2019
- State Testing Schedule for Durbin Creek Elementary
- Student Council
- School Supply Lists
- “The Oasis” Food and Nutrition Services
- Understanding Common Core
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on March 2nd.
District-wide registration for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on March 2nd. Starting on that date, you will be able to click the Register My Child For School button on our school website to complete an online registration form for your child.
Returning Student Verification email forms (snapcodes) will begin sending on Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Please note: you may receive your children's snapcodes on different dates, depending on student grade level and the school each child attends.
Current 6th grade students: Snapcodes for all 6th grade students will be sent at a later date due to the tdap vaccination requirement. If your 6th grade student is up to date with all immunizations, including the tdap immunization, and you have an updated copy of their HRS 680 immunization form, you can email [email protected] to request your child's snapcode. Otherwise, all 6th grade snapcodes be sent in the next few weeks.
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.
This is just a reminder that anyone (parent, guardian, friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle) must have school access to attend an event at Durbin Creek, have lunch with a student and/or attend an awards assembly. If you have not already done so, please complete the School Access Form. The process for approval may take up to 4 weeks, so please fill out the application sooner than later for any guests that would like to have school access. Once the application is approved, school access will be valid for three years.
Please make sure that you are signed up for our school messenger communications.
InfoCenter is both a website and an app that you can download on your smartphone. You can access InfoCenter by visiting https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com.
If you simply want to receive text messages from your child’s school or from the District please do the following :
From your mobile device, Text “Yes” to 67587. You should then receive a response text message stating, “You’re registered 4 SchoolMessenger notifications”. It’s as simple as that!
School District News
Summer Stretch Online Learning
This summer we have an awesome opportunity for students called Summer Stretch. The Summer Stretch program has exciting activities in Math, Reading, Science, and Social Skills to stretch their learning all summer long! Official start date is Monday, June 1st. There are multiple activity options to engage your child for up to six weeks, ending Friday, July 10th.
When kids participate in Summer Stretch, they will enjoy
- interactive math games,
- interesting articles to read and videos to watch,
- fun and engaging science activities to complete, and
- relaxing and calming videos and activities to practice social skills.
We are proud of our “A” status, Golden School Award, Character Counts! Coalition Member, and 5 Star School Award honoring our commitment to the education of our students.